In these unsettling times, we have choice as to how we respond.
We have opportunities to get creative about how we can stay connected and chances to slow down, breathe consciously, and pause for reflection.
Physical distancing does not have to mean isolation. Now more than ever we need to open our hearts and minds to ourselves, one another, and our planet. A closed campus does not have to mean a disruption to healing, growth, and transformation. We want to continue to be a resource for personal growth and development in a new and exciting way.
We're providing a host of resources and offerings to help bring us together (virtually!). We hope you'll join us in whatever way best serves you:
Online Check-in Groups
"I have been struggling with lots of anxiety and being part of a Haven group was like coming home. I had such a good sleep that night." - Brenda, Online Check-ins
These are not Haven programs, but are an opportunity to be with others who value open and honest communication and connection. If you're Haven Alumni, you're likely to see familiar faces and reconnect with other participants, faculty, assistants, and interns. If you're new to The Haven, we welcome you to our community and encourage you to learn more about our models and concepts online and through others who have been to our campus. These weekly calls are an opportunity to meet and check-in with others. We'll begin as a large group and split into small groups (just like in Haven programs!) with the calls lasting 90 minutes in total. Our intention has been to review and evolve along the way and we've learned that many of our Alumni wanted the opportunity to invite family and friends. Despite an abundance of Zoom calls out there, we continue to hear that our check-ins are offering something valuable and unique.
Creating a safe container where people can be vulnerable is important to us. All attendees will be reminded to keep the content of the calls confidential. We will continue to gather as a large group before splitting into smaller groups with a mix of alumni and newcomers.
Registration for Haven Alumni and Friends and Family:
Please use the links below to register. We hope you'll share the link with anyone who you think can benefit from these opportunities!
- Thursday, August 13th at 6:15pm PT: https://thehaven.secure.retreat.guru/program/haven-alumni-check-in-thursday-group-19/
"I find these sessions so valuable right now. Like everyone, I'm finding it hard to be isolating." - Lesley, Online Check-ins
Online Workshops & Programs
ONLINE: Teens Alive with Annika Raithby, Mackenzie Dickson, David Raithby and Linda Nicholls.
Thursday, August 6th & Friday, August 7th and Monday, August 10th, Tuesday, August 11th, & Wednesday, August 12th
Teens Alive is now going ONLINE! For over twenty years, Teens Alive has been a life-enhancing program loved and valued by teens and appreciated by their parents for its positive impact. Participants are often so moved that they return year after year, with many continuing on to become Teens Alive Youth Leaders.
Teens Alive Online 1 is for you if you want to...
- connect with others, hear their stories, and be listened to by others
- discuss a wide range of personal and social challenges with topics like school, family, relationships, friends, social media, and conflict
- learn and practice useful guidelines for communicating and navigating through these challenges
- become more comfortable speaking directly and clearly
- develop stronger self-esteem and self-acceptance
- explore what it means to be you and how you relate to others
Teens Alive Online 2 is for you if you want to...
- explore a range of emotions and become more comfortable being uncomfortable
- explore how you defend yourself and hold yourself back from more connection
- practice giving and receiving direct feedback with others
- dive deeper into how we see the world around us and create our sense of self
- discuss a wide range of personal and social challenges with topics like self criticism, self compassion, loss, sexuality, and conflict
Participants can register individually for Teens Alive Online 1, or register for both Teens Alive Online 1 and 2.
Teens Alive Online 1 is a prerequisite for Teens Alive Online 2.
July 29th: 3-4pm PT, August 5th: 3-4pm PT, August 12th: 3-4pm PT and Wednesday, August 19th: 3-4pm PT
Are you looking for guidance and inspiration to get creative? Do you want a meaningful way to connect with the children in your life? Do you want to reconnect with other kids and caregivers in the Haven community? Join Ismay and Louise with kids and caregivers to have fun and get creative! We will meet every Wednesday afternoon at 3pm PT for 4 weeks. The sessions build in content and will include creative invitations using whatever art supplies you have on hand and opportunities to connect with other participants. Activities range from creative crafting, dancing, show-and-tell, music-making, and more!
Get Creative is our first online program series! We’re excited to offer tiered pricing beginning at $59 that includes:
- 4 one-hour facilitated sessions exploring creativity. Each session builds on concepts and ideas from the previous week.
- Enthusiastic, expert guidance from a KITS and Teens Youth Leader, Ismay, and leader of the popular Awareness Through Creative Expression program, Louise.
- A chance to connect with kids and caregivers at home or at a distance! Under the same roof, caregivers and kids receive guidance and facilitation for quality time together. For children and caregivers separated by physical distance, we’ll use breakout rooms in Zoom throughout the sessions to connect you.
Haven at Home: Free Online Resources
- From the Forest: A Guided Meditation Series by Linda Nicholls
- World Heart Connection Visualization by Gillian Enright
- Somatic Experiencing: Blanket Meditation by Susa Holt
- Guided Haven-Style Breathing Meditations by Toby Macklin
- An Unusual Way To Respond to Unusual Times by Wayne Dodge
- 6 Steps to the 2-Chair Process: Gestalt Therapy at Home by Wayne Dodge
- Is It (Still) Okay to Laugh: The 3-Step Humour Maneuver by Carole Ames