Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-800-222-9211, ext 1 to register. Online registration is not available for this program.
Teens Alive has been offered at The Haven for more than twenty years and is an extremely popular program, with many teens returning year after year. Linda Nicholls and David Raithby created Teens Alive to support people in their teens on their journey to develop a strong sense of ‘self’.
In our teen years, we have an important opportunity to learn about our ‘self’ and to learn to communicate clearly from this place of strength. We can improve and deepen friendships and relationships, and also learn to be emotionally self-supporting. Teens Alive is designed to encourage you in this process.
Over the last twenty years, David and Linda have gathered and supported a wonderful team of facilitators and youth assistants who have helped make the program what it is today. This year, Annika Raithby and Mackenzie Dickson will be facilitating Teens Alive: Essentials and are excited to lead the programs with a new updated structure co-designed with David and Linda.
Teens Alive is for people 14 to 19 years of age who want to:
- Become comfortable speaking their own truth in a responsible way
- Develop stronger self-esteem and self-acceptance
- Be less defensive and more outgoing
- Make relationships work
- Deal with conflict
- Discuss topics such as vocation, school, sex, music, violence, drugs, parents, family, authorities
- Have fun and get to know other teens
- Enjoy The Haven’s beautiful natural surroundings and its oceanside facilities – including swimming pool, hot tub, gym, games room with foosball, pool table and video games, and music and dance facilities.
Teens Alive: Essentials – 5 days, August 12-17, 2022, Earlybird tuition and meal package $1837.50
A parent or guardian must accompany any youth attending programs. Family accommodation costs vary, please contact the registrar directly to reserve the accommodation that best fits your needs.
You can find our cancellation policy here
Your program begins with dinner at 6pm and your first session at 7:30pm
- Breakfast 8:00 – 9:00am
- Morning session 9:15am to noon
- Lunch noon to 1:00pm
- Afternoon session 3:00 – 6:00pm
- Dinner 6:00 – 7:00pm
- Evening session 7:30 – 9:30pm
Afternoon and evening sessions can vary. Your program finishes with lunch on the last day
If you are travelling to Gabriola as a foot passenger on the Gabriola Ferry a shuttle to The Haven can be requested. Information on this option will be included in your pre-arrival email.
This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program. What does this mean? Click here to learn more.