ONSITE: Come Alive: Expand
With Cathy Wilder and Graemme Brown
November 28 - December 2, 2022
Many people have asked us for another program that would be a ‘next step’ in their personal growth journey after the original Come Alive.
If you’ve previously attended a Come Alive or Living Alive program, then Come Alive: Expand is for you! Take the opportunity to deepen your learning in this 4-day program, built on the foundations of the original Come Alive. In this new edition, we will place more emphasis on self-responsible and relational living, transforming self-hate, additional breathing exercises and tools for nervous system regulation. As in the original, there will be individual, small-group and large group experiences, where you can explore topics and issues currently impacting your life.
Come Alive: Expand is for you, if you want to:
- Challenge yourself to really take charge of your life
- Foster a deeper connection between body and mind
- Understand (and more importantly, transform) projections and other beliefs that hold you back
- Practice communications in a supportive, encouraging environment.
- Connect with and learn from others who’ve also chosen a deeper path of self-exploration
- Explore the impact of rules and communications in your family of origin
- Learn more about how to identify and articulate what’s really important to you
- Enhance your capacity for more of your own life-force energy, leading to a greater sense of resilience
- Develop more patience for yourself and others: Go beyond just reacting and towards thoughtfully responding
- Build on your previous learning or just come for a ‘tune-up’
Join us for four days of meaningful connections, co-creativity and transformative learning:
Have even more time for your life!
- 4 days in a serene oceanfront setting on Gabriola Island to focus on yourself.
- Opportunity to learn from, relate to, and deeply connect with others.
- A unique East meets West approach developed by a psychiatrist (Ben Wong) and a medical doctor and acupuncturist (Jock McKeen).
- Experiential learning through diverse methods: bodywork, breath, visualization meditation, movement, and cognitive skill development.
- A powerful approach to developing self-compassion and deeper self-awareness.
- 40 years of continued success with thousands of participants from around the world.
- Select expert program leaders, who are highly trained at The Haven and in their various professions.
- Unparalleled support and a high ratio of participants to leadership team.
- Opportunities to further heal and explore mind-body-spirit connection with onsite bodyworkers.
- A full schedule, complete with daily breaks for introspection, connecting with others, rest, relaxing in the oceanfront hot tub, exploring nearby trails, and more.
- Support to integrate your learning beyond The Haven through one-on-one coaching, online video meetings, and various local groups.
Our Earlybird tuition price of $1200 is available specifically for this session to those registered and paid in full one month prior to the program start. Full tuition is $1280.
We are offering private and shared room options. You can find our cancellation policy here
- Breakfast 8:00 – 9:00am
- Morning session 9:15am to noon
- Lunch noon to 1:00pm
- Afternoon session 3:00 – 6:00pm
- Dinner 6:00 – 7:00pm
- Evening session 7:30 – 9:30pm
Afternoon and evening sessions can vary. Your program finishes with lunch on the last day
If you are travelling to Gabriola as a foot passenger on the Gabriola Ferry a shuttle to The Haven can be requested. Information on this option will be included in your pre-arrival email.
Here are book titles that can complement and enhance your learning in this program. You can purchase when you are at Haven, or order online. Click to learn more:
- Being: A Manual for Life by Bennet Wong & Jock McKeen
Covid 19 Protocols and Mask Mandates:
The Haven is currently following the BC Provincial health guidelines which means that proof of vaccination is no longer required to register for this program. Masks will no longer be required to be worn inside session rooms, while those who wish to continue wearing masks may do so.
Participants are required to self-monitor for symptoms of illness, and are asked to isolate from others when showing symptoms.
Review our current Communicable Disease Safety Protocols to keep us all healthy on property
Admission requirements: The student must have the desire and ability to learn. Must demonstrate a capacity for responsible self care, responsible self organization and sound mental health. The student must understand and speak English.
This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program. What does this mean? Click here to learn more.
Cathy Wilder, Haven Core Faculty, MEd, RCC, Dip-C, is a creative and compassionate group leader, counsellor and coach, who leads Come Alive, and Deep Listening: Core Skills for Coaching, and other workshops in both Canada and China. She is a skilled clinical counsellor with a specialty in addictions, alongside a deep understanding of mental health concerns, working with Fraser Health MHSU for twenty years.
Learn more about Cathy Wilder
Graemme Brown (Dip.C / SEP) runs a private counseling practice on Gabriola Island. Associated with The Haven since attending his first experiential workshop there in 1985, he is dedicated to compassionate and gentle inquiry. Drawing on his expertise with the family-systems approach of Virginia Satir, Jungian shadow work and the trauma healing of Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing system, Graemme’s approach is to assist people to re-connect with their innate resilience and aliveness, fostering healthier relationships within the self, with others and with the planet. As a member of The Haven’s core faculty, Graemme co-leads Come Alive, Living Alive Phase I,…
Learn more about Graemme Brown