ONLINE: Low Energy States: Theory and Practice
With Kathrin Stauffer
May 21, 2022
Most bodywork approaches target high-energy, hyper-responsive and hypertonic muscles (and other parts of the human organism). Sometimes this leaves out the more low-energy parts of a person. When that happens, healing can be difficult to integrate and possibly unsustainable. In that case we then need to aim for a balance between hyper- and hypo-response rather than just a release of high energy. In other words, we will then need skills for working with low energy as well as high energy.
This workshop will address how we could think of low-energy states, where they might come from, and how we might work with them. Kathrin will give a background of body psychotherapy theories that include low energy states, and offer several possibilities for conceptualizing low energy. Kathrin will guide the participants through some exercises to experience low energy parts of themselves and find ways of bringing more life to these.
There may be space for a few case consultations, but mostly we will focus on participants’ experience of themselves.
Date & time:
This 3-hour sharing will be held on Zoom on Saturday, May 21 2022, 10am – 1pm PST
Accessibility and inclusion are important to us. Together with the facilitators, we are able to offer tiered pricing on this program. Please select a tier that fits your budget and current context.
- $75: Regular – great value!
- $90+: Pay It Forward – 🤍 Help support Haven and low-income participants in these challenging times! 🤍
- $60: Community supported for low-income accessibility
- This online program will be hosted on Zoom, a video conferencing software that is free for participants and easy to use on a variety of devices. You will need to have a device (desktop computer or laptop recommended; tablet or smartphone can work too), reliable internet connection, and sound capabilities (headset recommended; built in or external microphone or speaker systems can work too). You can test your device connection and compatibility in advance here: zoom.us/test
- You will be invited to join the call up to 15 minutes early to receive technical support.
This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program. What does this mean? Click here to learn more.
Kathrin Stauffer PhD, UKCP Registered Body Psychotherapist, is the author of two books: ‘Emotional Neglect and the Adult in Therapy: Lifelong Consequences to a Lack of Early Attunement’ (W.W. Norton 2020); and ‘Anatomy & Physiology for Psychotherapists: Connecting Body & Soul’ (W.W. Norton 2010). She was born and educated in Switzerland. Originally a research biochemist, she retrained at the Chiron Centre for Body Psychotherapy. She lives in Cambridge, UK, and works in private practice as a body and humanistic psychotherapist, EMDR practitioner, trainer and supervisor. www.stauffer.co.uk
Learn more about Kathrin Stauffer