ONSITE: Living Alive: Meaningful Connections
With Graemme Brown and Leslie Whyte
November 1 - 26, 2021
Good News! We currently anticipate our fall 2021 onsite programs proceeding in their regular format, for anyone who has been double vaccinated, without the need for special COVID-19 protocols inside the session room such as 2m distancing, use of masks and extra sanitizing. However, over the course of the coming weeks we will monitor COVID-19 developments; if advisable to minimize risk we will re-introduce measures in our onsite programs. This would mean the programs would proceed, however with additional safety protocols and possibly a cap on participant numbers. If you have any questions please check with the Registrars.
The Living Alive programs offer the unique experience of time, space, and guidance to help you (re)discover who you truly are. For 25 days, you’ll have the opportunity to create and establish new or different patterns for conscious living. The focus for Living Alive 1 is self-awareness – becoming aware of your individual patterns of behaviour and energy. The focus for Living Alive 2 is relationships – how you see yourself, how other people see you, and how you engage in relationships.
In a highly experiential and choice-based environment, you’ll immerse yourself in The Haven’s models and concepts, with opportunities to go deeper, practice, and expand your range of being. Participants are encouraged to question their assumptions, explore their beliefs, and challenge their patterns in a respectful environment. Join a community of seekers and engage in the ultimate experience of self-discovery and transformation.
Living Alive program Highlights:
- An in-depth opportunity to engage more consciously and fully in your life and relationships.
- Time away to reconnect with yourself and nature on The Haven’s beautiful 7-acre oceanfront property.
- An opportunity to take your personal growth and Haven-style learning to the next level
- For those who have attended a Come Alive, we will take a deeper dive into The Haven’s models: Communication, Power & Strength, Resonance, Selves.
- For those who have not attended a Come Alive there will be plenty of opportunities to learn, practice and integrate these models.
- Guided experiences designed to heighten your physical, intellectual, and emotional awareness.
- A meaningful and enduring investment in your wellbeing: 25 days of radical self-discovery and transformation.
- Experienced program leaders, who are highly trained at The Haven and in their various professions.
- Deep investment, continuity, and care from assistants and interns who bring a variety of diverse and complementary skill sets to their Haven training. This support team means a low ratio of participants to leaders.
- A long history with hundreds of Living Alive participants reporting continued personal and professional transformation post-program.
- Take-home tools to support integration of learning.
- A full program schedule, plus daily breaks for introspection, connecting with others, rest, relaxing in the oceanfront hot tub, exploring nearby trails, and more.
- Achievement of pre-requisites required to pursue a Diploma or Certificate at The Haven (if that’s of interest!)
Living Alive: Meaningful Connections
Relationships: discovering how we see ourselves, how others see us, and how we are in relationships.
Living Alive: Meaningful Connections (formerly Phase II) is for you if any of the following applies:
- I want to develop greater self-awareness of how I establish, maintain, end relationships – close, casual, and professional.
- I want to learn how others interpret and experience my style of relating.
- I am going through a transition involving others and am unsure what happens next.
- I want to discover how I respond to topics such as commitment, vulnerability, security, romance, power struggle, attachment styles, ‘Family of Origin’, caretaking vs caring, embodiment, conflict, sexuality.
- I want to build relationship skills and shift patterns of dependency, jealousy, defensiveness, control, blame, placating, etc.
- I want to examine and explore my beliefs and biases around gender, sexuality, sensuality, and intimacy.
- I want an opportunity to integrate someone from my personal life into my learning at The Haven. Click here to learn more about the optional 3-day Relationships component where you can invite someone to join your experience.
“I can have meaningful, alive relationships without denying or disconnecting from what is true in my mind, body, heart. I can be transparent and open about my reality, and thus open the bridge to knowing another. This is the kind of stuff my dreams are made of.”
– Rye Green, Living Alive Phase II
We are offering private and shared room options – if room sharing is not permitted due to tightened Covid restrictions in September then we will be in touch with participants about moving to single accommodation.
Accessibility and inclusion are important to us. We’re offering a 15% discounted tuition price if you register by September 3rd. Get all of your meals, shared accommodation, and 25 days of programming starting at $7863.75 +tax.
We are able to offer a limited number of partial bursaries through the Community Diversity & Inclusion Fund. Applications must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the program start date. Learn more and apply for support by contacting Anne Hainsworth, email@example.com. Bursary Application Deadline: September 3rd, 2021.
November 1st your program begins with dinner at 6pm, followed by an orientation at 7pm and your first session at 7:30pm
- Breakfast 8-9:15am
- Session 9:15am to noon
- Lunch noon to 3pm
- Session 3pm to 5pm
- Dinner 6 – 7:30pm
- Session 7:30-9pm
October 28th your program finishes with lunch
Graemme Brown DipC has been associated with The Haven since 1985. He is dedicated to compassionate and gentle inquiry, focused on his experience with the philosophy of Virginia Satir, Jungian shadow work and Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing system. Graemme considers his Haven faculty colleagues as another source of creative inspiration with their great diversity of styles and expertise. A member of The Haven’s core faculty, Graemme co-leads Come Alive, Living Alive Phase I, Journey to Self, Family Reconstruction and a number of other programmes on Gabriola, in China and with First-Nation communities in Northern Canada Graemme is also an award-winning recording engineer, running…
Learn more about Graemme Brown
Leslie Whyte DipC, Certified Calling in “The One” Conscious Uncoupling and Feminine Power Coach is a passionate and creative counsellor, group facilitator and relationship coach. She brings a wealth of knowledge, a strong desire to be personal and a depth of caring for the people she works with. Her capacity to integrate what she is learning and teaching, brings a new dimension of wholeness to those she is working with inspiring them to transform their lives. Leslie has an enthusiasm for working with couples and individuals who wish to discover what is possible in their lives as they breathe new…
Learn more about Leslie Whyte