ONLINE: Find Yourself Through Theatre
With Sarah Lucht
June 19 - 26, 2021
Join Sarah Lucht, professional actor, educator, and coach in this exciting new online program. Sarah is a co-creator of the popular in-person Act Natural program at the Haven and has 35 years’ experience in theatre, film and television.
This program spans over 2 half days and will give you opportunities to learn about and challenge yourself as you step into new and different roles and play!
This workshop is designed for all levels, especially non-actors.
Who is this program for?
Are any of these statements true for you?
- I’m interested in exploring my self and how I relate to others in a creative and expressive way
- I’m interested in the process of acting and I can be authentic in various roles
- I want to learn how I can connect with others on Zoom in an engaging, connective, and fun way
- I want to learn ways to manage nervousness and “stage fright” in a variety of settings and contexts
- I’m excited by the idea of engaging with dramatic materials from diverse sources
- I’m curious about role play and expanding my range of expression
- I would like to cultivate a creative expression community that is supportive and encouraging
- I like to learn through fun and play
If you resonate with any of the above, Find Yourself Through Theatre may be a great fit for you to explore your inner and interpersonal worlds through creative expression.
- Two 3-hour sessions for creative expression, connection, sharing, and enjoyment
- Exploring the Haven Communication Model and how it aligns with acting models
- Practice and play with scene-reading from a variety of sources, including diverse characters and playwrights
- A supportive and courageous community interested in exploring their edges and having fun
- At-home opportunities for practice and development between sessions
- A small cohort of 14 participants
- Fun! Light-hearted, deep learning
Series Format & Schedule:
This 2-part series will take place on 2 consecutive Saturdays for 3 hours (with break) in June:
- Saturday, June 19th: 10am-1pm
- Saturday, June 26th: 10am-1pm
Accessibility and inclusion are important to us. Together with the facilitator, we are able to offer tiered pricing on this program. Please select a tier that fits your budget and current context.
- $119: Community-supported – made possible by our generous supporters
- $149: Regular – standard tuition price
- $179: Pay It Forward – helps support another participant to join at the supported rate
We are able to offer a limited number of bursaries through the Community Diversity & Inclusion Fund. Applications must be received at least 7 days prior to the program start date. Learn more and apply for support here. Bursary Application Deadline: June 12th, 2021.
Help us Share:
Do you know anyone who might be interested in attending this enlivening program? Help us spread the word by sharing this registration link or 1-page info sheet on social media or by email. Thanks for your help!
This online program will be hosted on Zoom, a video conferencing software that is free for participants and easy to use on a variety of devices. You will need to have a device (desktop computer or laptop recommended; tablet or smartphone can work too), reliable internet connection, and sound capabilities (headset recommended; built in or external microphone or speaker systems can work too). You can test your device connection and compatibility in advance here: zoom.us/test
You will be invited to join the first session up to 15 minutes early to receive technical support.
Sarah Lucht is a professional actor, educator and coach. A member of Actors’ Equity and the Screen Actors Guild, she has 35 years’ experience in theatre, film and television. She has been training and leading programs at The Haven since 1995. With Jane Geesman she leads Act Natural, a program which combines actors’ training techniques with Haven concepts and models. Sarah and Jane have created a vehicle for exploring self-expression and creativity in the context of theatre arts. Sarah uses her expertise, warmth and humour to invite people to explore and express their intuition, presence and engagement with others. Website:…
Learn more about Sarah Lucht