Awareness through Creative Expression Waiting List
With Louise Amuir
Become intimate with your creative being and meet aspects of yourself you have never known before, in a fun and respectful environment.
Increasingly, science is telling us how creativity correlates with intelligence, academic, social, and emotional success, and the development of the brain’s highest information processing capacities.
What role does creativity play in your life? Do you long to express yourself creatively, but don’t know where to start? Do you want to experience the freedom of a mind at rest?
Come join us to awaken your creativity, spirituality, and playfulness. Experience mind, body and emotional awareness through various forms of creative expression. Using process painting, clay, movement, masks, storytelling, writing, right and left brain insights, and voice, you will have the opportunity to become intimate with your creative being and meet aspects of yourself you have never known before, in a fun and respectful environment. Discover an invaluable source of stress release and self awareness through creative and imaginative processes, and come to know yourself in a much deeper way. Art can disturb the comfortable and comfort the disturbed!
Each offering of this program will include a variety of the following experiences so each time you return you will experience something different:
- Allow your hands to delight in the feeling of clay as they create something unique to you
- Find the joy of movement as you connect with your body
- Invite your imagination to explore the Inner world of yourself through mask making
- Delight in storytelling as you share aspects of your imagination in playfulness, drama or mystery
- Open to writing with your non-dominant hand and discover the childlike, spiritual or creative parts of yourself while integrating your right and left brain
- Learn proven techniques for balancing your brain hemispheres, releasing stress and finding answers within
- Experience awareness through creative expression, using process painting to move inner experience to the outer world and gaining more information about yourself
- Allow music to assist you to express feelings through rhythm, body movement and drawing
- Open the channel to your natural voice
- Develop listening and relating by staying in touch with deepest self while in response to others
- Uncover hidden artistic abilities
- Discover the playful spirit so essential to the creative process
Louise Amuir, Diploma of Haven Counselling and Diploma of Haven Group Leadership, is interested in creativity and expressive arts as a means to connect with self and others. Louise is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity, reconciliation, and building collaborative processes. Louise’s varied life experiences in theatre, writing, art, dance, music, working with street youth, youth in receiving and treatment homes, parenting, relationships, and meditation bring humour, mindfulness, curiosity, and play to her work with people. As Haven faculty, Louise leads/co-leads: Befriending your Inner Critic; Inner Wisdom for Women; Awareness through Creative Expression; and Haven New Year visioning programs and assists…
Learn more about Louise Amuir