Young Adult Symposium: Leaning into Life
This is the first of what we hope will be an annual Haven-hosted gathering of folks aged 19 to 35, interested in creating a more connected, passionate, and caring world. This is a space for rejuvenation, inspiration, and practical tool-building.
Key-note speakers, conversations with elders, break-away sessions, and lightning talks on topics that affect all young adults include:
- Anxiety, Stress and Depression
- Health, Financial Wellbeing, and Self-care
- Relationships and Sexuality
- Affordable housing, Social justice, and Sustainability
See a full list of presenters and workshops below.
The Haven is a beautiful ocean-side retreat. Soak in the hot tub, walk on the beach, or join the group for nature walks, activities of creative expression, and yoga. Saturday night, dance and get to know everyone at a social, with music by DJ O Show.
Friday to Sunday (Full Weekend) - $280
Saturday and Sunday Only - $220
*Meals and shared accommodation included
What you get for your money:
- 2 nights accomodation at The Haven's oceanfront property on Gabriola Island
- 6 all-you-can-eat buffet meals
- Diverse learning and engagement opportunities with 12 presenters and expert-led workshops
- Facilitated social and recreation opportunities: yoga classes, guided hikes, live DJ, and more
- Access to our pool, gym, hot tub, library, meditation room, pool table, games, and more!
- Shuttle service to and from the ferry
List of Presenters and Workshop Leaders:
David Raithby DipC MEd RSW works to encourage transformational presence in all aspects of personal and working life. He has worked locally and internationally for over 40 years, is a senior faculty member at The Haven and has co-authored the book ‘Living With Passion’ with Sandey McCartney, his life and work partner of 36 years.