Transforming Anxiety & Stress
Trans–Form: To make a thorough, dramatic change in your energy
This program focuses on understanding, harnessing and transforming difficult life energies to foster courageous and productive living.
Most people do not recognize their anxiety for what it is, and instead think there is something "wrong" with them. They then use a variety of self-defeating and stress inducing behaviours such as isolating, becoming numb or shut-off, or getting overly busy in an attempt to manage their lives.
Some people are preoccupied with the physical symptoms of anxiety and stress, which can be distressing and sometimes debilitating (e.g. digestive problems, headaches, elevated heart rate, high blood pressure, insomnia, shortness of breath, etc.). Others think they are weak, don’t belong in social situations, or are even going crazy.
Unfortunately, these thoughts and behaviours only make people feel even more anxious and often result in greater dissatisfaction, dis-ease, and a denial of richness and growth that can be found in all life experience.
Transforming Anxiety and Stress covers a dynamic range of learning that creates the possibility for transformation and opening more fully to all that living has to offer. For many people, realizing that other people have similar experiences – that we are not alone – is in itself a transformative experience.
- Discover the roots of anxiety, stress and fear and how they manifest in your daily life
- Become aware and learn to recognize these energies at a body level
- Gain valuable insight into your coping patterns and expand beyond these limitations
- Experience making moment-to-moment choices that embrace the full depth and range of your feelings and experience
- Learn guidelines for moving from fear, anxiety and stress to courage, self-acceptance and compassion
- Experience your own strength for transforming fear, stress and anxiety
- Bring renewed energy and a sense of aliveness to your personal life, work and relationships
Transforming Anxiety and Stress is a highly effective program for anyone struggling with anxiety and stress, individuals in social service and health care professions, teachers, parents, managers/leaders and anyone working with people who struggle with anxiety and stress. This program offers practical skills and concepts, usable "take-home" tools, dialogue and feedback, body, breath and energy work, visualization, individual focus, and a mix of creative, cognitive and experiential exercises.
Read more about Transforming Anxiety and Stress on the Shen blog:
Watch a Testimonial here:
This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.