Transform Addictions: Options, Alternatives & Next Steps
This program provides an expanded perspective and increased choice in recovery from various addictive behaviours, by integrating 12-step and Haven models.
"What is addiction, really? It is a sign, a signal, a symptom of distress. It is a language that tells us about a plight that must be understood."
We like this quote by Alice Miller, and we believe addiction is far more complicated than this. In this program we integrate several elements, including 12-step and Haven models, to provide an expanded perspective and different choices in recovery from various addictive behaviours.
In an integrated body-mind-spirit approach we will offer:
- Practical tools to deepen your existing growth steps
- Choices to live fully from a place of acceptance and self-mastery
- Paths to reach individually defined spiritual values and inner strength
- Concepts and tools of grounding and self-definition
This program is for people who:
- Know the addiction process
- Haven been affected by addiction in family or friends
- Have been engaged in some approach to recovery from substance addictions and are looking to widen and deepen their search and practice
- Are attached to non-substance objects or activities such as food, work, appearance, sex, or relationships, and interested in exploring different possibilities
- Have a hard time letting go, of either past memories or future ideals, and are interested in learning more about living in the present
Note This program is not designed as clinical treatment, and is not for people who are still actively using drugs or alcohol.
This program is facilitated in English, but support and clarification can be provided in Mandarin. We welcome people who speak English and/or Mandarin to come join us!
This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.