Teens Alive I
Develop a strong sense of 'self'.
Teens Alive has been offered at The Haven for more than twenty years and is an extremely popular program, with many teens returning year after year.
Teens Alive I, II and III run back to back and participants can attend one, two or all three programs. The programs must be done in order and Teens Alive III is intended for teens aged 16 and older.
People in their teens have an important opportunity to develop a strong sense of 'self'. If you can learn to communicate clearly from this place of strength, you can improve and deepen friendships and relationships and learn to be emotionally self-supporting rather than dependent on family and others. Teens Alive is designed to encourage you in this process.
Teens Alive is for people 14 to 19 years of age who want to:
- Become comfortable speaking their own truth in a responsible way
- Develop stronger self-esteem and self-acceptance
- Be less defensive and more outgoing
- Make relationships work
- Deal with conflict
- Discuss topics such as vocation, school, sex, music, violence, drugs, parents, family, authorities
- Have fun and get to know other teens
- Enjoy The Haven's beautiful natural surroundings and its oceanside facilities – including swimming pool, hot tub, gym, games room with air hockey, pool table and video games, and music and dance facilities.
Teens Alive is divided into three parts, which run back to back and build one on another. Participants can attend one, two, or all three parts; they can be done all in one year, or over two or more years. The only requirement is that they be done in order. Participants under 16 years of age require the leader's permission to attend Teens Alive III.
Note: Teens will stay in resort accommodation with a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians are responsible for teens outside their session times.
This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.