Haven Toolkits in Vancouver
The Haven Toolkits are a great way to introduce someone to the work of The Haven.
Becoming More of Who You Are: The Path to Self-Compassion
Most of us have an ideal image of who we should be, what we should do, and how we should behave. These shoulds can be great motivators, but they can also lead to difficulties when we beat ourselves up for failing to meet those expectations or we reject aspects of ourselves that don’t match up to the narrow ideal image.
This one day toolkit is an opportunity to:
- stop being so hard on yourself
- accept aspects of yourself you may have rejected, including the struggle towards perfectionism/striving
- learn to motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- walk away with a practical tool to use in your everyday life
- explore the full range of who you are and develop more compassion for yourself ... and in the process, more compassion for others.
Read more about self-compassion in The Haven Ideas in Action.
$50 per person per day.
Saturday Sep 22 from 10am to 4pm
Crossreach Seniors Centre, 3348 West Broadway, Kitsilano (@ West Broadway and Blenheim), Vancouver. Street and neighbourhood parking only. View a map for location and parking
What to Bring
Wear comfortable clothes
Bag lunch (if you want – see below for more info)
A journal if you like
Food and Drink
You can bring your own lunch with you or eat at a nearby place. There are lots of lunch places / coffee shops in the area.