Personal Parenting: Window to your Child
Creating relationships while raising children and teens
This program is for parents, grandparents and caregivers who want to explore and improve their relationships with their children.
This process will have a positive impact on their children's growth, their own sense of self, and their connections with partners and other significant adults. The emphasis is on developing personal, empathetic relationships between adults and children, and between adults.
Personal Parenting offers you opportunities to:
- Learn to adapt the Haven Communication Model for children at different stages of development
- Express deep feelings around parenting and learn to incorporate responsible expression into your daily life
- Develop compassion for yourself as a parent
- Explore how your own childhood impacts your parenting
- Discover your own attachment style and its interaction with the styles of your children and your partners
- Create in your adult relationships a healthy environment for your own growth and that of your children
The program will include presentation of ideas drawn from developmental psychology and time for group processing and questions. There will be opportunities to practice communication and to explore and express feelings through breath, movement and other experiential forms. Come with your parenting partners if you can.
This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.