Haven Toolkits in Victoria
Try something different!
The Haven Toolkits are a great way to introduce someone to the work of The Haven. And this time round, the Toolkits feature a NEW workshop on Self Compassion!
The Haven Communication Toolkit
Building clarity and connection
Communicating should be simple. Say what's on your mind; listen to the other person. So why can it be such a challenge? How do our best intentions get caught up in spiraling misunderstandings? Join us for a fun and interactive look at how we can trip ourselves up in communication, and how we can do it differently.
NEW! The Haven Self Compassion Toolkit
Becoming more of who you are
Most of us have an ideal image of who we should be and how we should behave. This can be a great motivator, but it can also lead to difficulties when we beat ourselves up for failing to meet those expectations or reject aspects of ourselves that don’t match up to this narrow image. This toolkit is an opportunity to stop being so hard on yourself and motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism. Explore the range of who you are and develop more compassion for yourself … and in the process, more compassion for others.
Read more about the Haven's models in The Haven Ideas in Action.
The Haven Toolkits programs are offered in different locations across the country.
- $30 per person per day if you are new to The Haven or bringing someone new
- $50 per person per day if you have been to The Haven before and aren’t bringing someone new
Download a PDF version of this information for participants.
The Haven Toolkits - Victoria will start each day at 10am and finish by 5pm. The day will include a one-hour break for lunch.
- Communication Toolkit – Saturday October 21, 2017 - 10am to 5pm
- Self-compassion Toolkit – Sunday October 22, 2017 - 10am to 5pm
What to bring
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Water bottle
- Bag lunch (or plan to dine out)
- The Haven Toolkits - Victoria are taking place in Room C112 in the Clearihue Building, University of Victoria. The Clearihue Building is at 3800 Finnerty Rd, Ring Rd, Victoria, BC. View campus map.
Parking and transit
- User pay parking is in effect on Saturday, Sunday parking is free. View information about transportation and visitor parking. See also BC Transit – Victoria.
Food and drink
- We will be providing coffee and tea during the breaks. You can bring your own lunch or plan to dine at a nearby restaurant.
- View restaurants on campus. If you prefer to dine off campus, Cadboro Bay Village is approximately a 10 minute walk.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 800 222 9211 x1.