The Haven Communication Toolkit in Vancouver
Our toolkits are a great introduction to what we do at The Haven.
CommYOUnication. It starts with YOU.
Communication is the key to great relationships whether at home or at work. Communicating should be simple. Say what's on your mind; listen to the other person. So why can it be such a challenge? How do our best intentions get caught up in spiraling misunderstandings?
The Haven Communication Model is a tool for both learning about yourself and being in relationship with others.
The first step is to understand your internal dialogue, the inner commentary that tries to make sense of the world. Understanding yourself better is the first step to improving interactions with others.
In this engaging and impactful one-day workshop you will:
- Unlock your own internal communication code.
- Recognize and develop your intra-personal and inter-personal communication skills
- Increase your self-awareness
- Practice getting really clear on what's up for you and why you want to connect with someone.
- Practice communicating with others
Join Jennifer and Kathy for a fun and interactive look at how we can trip ourselves up in communication, and how we can do it differently. Discover how becoming more self-aware can turn into better communication with others!
Meet the leaders and learn more about the CommYOUnication Toolkit. Watch below...
Schedule: 10am - 4pm, with a one-hour break for lunch.
What to bring
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Water bottle
- Bag lunch (or plan to dine out)
- Journal if you like
Crossreach Seniors Centre
3348 West Broadway, Kitsilano (@ West Broadway and Blenheim), Vancouver. Street and neighborhood parking only.
Food and drink
You can bring your own lunch with you or plan to dine at a nearby restaurant, there are lots of choices along West Broadway.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 800 222 9211 x1.