Learn to work effectively with others in group process.
This program includes presentations and discussion, as well as demonstration and practice. You will be encouraged to look at your own experience to develop your understanding of working successfully with others in group settings. The group formed by participants in the program itself provides a valuable learning ground of group process.
You will have opportunities to:
- Increase your discernment in group situations
- Recognize when to use various methods of work with the group
- Learn how to use counter-transference clues to understand events in group
- Learn at least one intervention that is helpful for each group situation examined
- Increase your leadership competence
Group Leadership is one in a series of skills programs originally developed for The Haven by Gwen Ewan and Wayne Dodge.
This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.