Forest Therapy: Nature's Guide to Wellness
Awaken your senses and reconnect to the healing power of nature
The forest is the therapist. The guide opens the doors.
A growing body of research is confirming what most of us already feel inside. That is, spending time in forests and other natural areas is truly good for us. It's been nearly 40 years since the Japanese government coined the term shinrin-yoku (translated to "forest bathing") and later began developing designated trails to encourage deep connections with nature as a way of preventative wellness. Since 2014, the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Guides and Programs (ANFT) has been training guides worldwide to assist participants in receiving the full health impacts of forest medicine.
Your certified Forest Therapy Guide will lead you on a series of forest therapy walks designed to open the door to the healing properties of nature. You’ll be led through numerous “invitations” that encourage you to slow down, focus on your senses, and deepen your connections with the more-than-human-world.
Forest therapy is more than sitting or walking slowly through the forest. Throughout the weekend, we'll explore our creativity, re-discover what it means to play as adults, share stories along the way, and sample a variety of forest teas at the end of each session.
Join us on this experiential journey into the forest.
- Experience the healing benefits of the forest as you learn the basics of Forest Therapy.
- Participate in a mindfulness-based practice to slow down and disconnect from the stressors of modern-day living.
- Develop and/or deepen your connection with nature and become more focused on the present moment.
- Awaken and heighten body awareness through embodiment practice.
- Build social connection through participation in outdoor sharing circles.
- Explore ways in which the practice can be incorporated into your everyday life, so that you may live a life in harmony with nature.
- Learn about the science behind the practice. For example, What are phytoncides? And how do they benefit our immune system? How do we know that natural environments can be good for mental and physical health?
As we restore our connection with nature, we restore ourselves. In turn, as we deepen our relationship with nature we often develop a greater appreciation and will to preserve the natural world.
Book 30 days before the program to save $40!
Package pricing from: $670* Includes program tuition, accommodation, and meals.
*"Pricing from" is calculated using early-bird discounts and the most economical, off-season accommodation rates. These calculations are intended to help you evaluate your investment and do not guarantee the availability of specific accommodations and rates. Please verify availability and rates for specific session dates by clicking "Register" or by calling our registrars toll-free at 1 800 222 9211 x 1. This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program. What does this mean? Click here to learn more.