An invitation to live your life to the fullest.
Come Alive is an opportunity to revitalize your life, discover and activate your resources and realize your full potential.
Come Alive is for you if you want to:
- Shake things up! Try something different.
- Deepen your self knowledge and move beyond self-imposed limits
- Open to and express deeper dimensions of feeling in ways which enhance your life and relationships
- Gain valuable insights to strengthen your health and well-being
- Learn and practice a transformative paradigm for communicating
- Rediscover joy and meaning in life
- Expand your capacity for harmonious, loving and fulfilling relationships
- Impact your life both personally and professionally
Here's what participants have to say about their experience of Come Alive.
In Come Alive, you will learn and practice the Haven models of communication, relationship and self-responsibility, through a range of opportunities for personal learning. The whole group meets during the day, with smaller groups in the evenings. In addition to group activities and discussions, each participant is offered a time for individual experience in large or small group sessions, including breath and body work, gestalt, psychodrama and other forms.
Come Alive is led by members of The Haven's core faculty. Gifted leaders, educators and group facilitators, they have all trained at The Haven and have many years' experience leading Come Alive and other programs.
Come Alive is part of the core curriculum of The Haven. It was created some 40 years ago by The Haven's founders, Bennet Wong and Jock McKeen. You can read a History of Come Alive by Ben and Jock on The Haven's Shen blog.
Come Alive can impact your professional as well as your personal life. The tools we offer can assist in conflict resolution, team building and leadership. If you would like your employer or professional body to support you taking Come Alive, you may find this description for employers and professional bodies (PDF) useful.
For 2019, all Come Alive programs include optional morning movement and afternoon yoga class opportunities. These popular add-on classes are now offered at no extra cost to you. There’s no better time to Come Alive!
There will be a welcome orientation on the first night of the program starting at 7pm.
Come Alive Integration Online: Bringing The Haven Home
Wondering how best to integrate your learning into daily life? If so, the Come Alive Integration online program is for you. Once you’ve completed your Come Alive program, you’ll receive an invitation to participate in a Come Alive Integration. These occur every few months. You'll receive an email with details on how to register about a week before each online program.
For upcoming dates and to learn more about the opportunity, click here: https://haven.ca/online-come-alive-integration
There is no fee for this program. Instead, we hope you'll donate to the Financial Aid Program, so that others can benefit from Haven programs.
- Ideas in Action - a summary of the models and ideas presented in Come Alive.
- Being: A Manual for Life - book by Bennet Wong and Jock McKeen
- Joining: The Relationship Garden - book by Bennet Wong and Jock McKeen
This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.