There is one way of breathing that is shameful and constricted. Then there's another way; a breath of love that takes you all the way to infinity. – Rumi
Breathe! is a wonderful opportunity to acquaint yourself with the powerful benefits of consciously breathing deeply.
This is a two-day, one-overnight program.
- Day 1: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Day 2: 9:15 AM – 12:00 PM, 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Breathing is far more than the unconscious functioning of our autonomic nervous system which we usually take for granted. In many languages the word for spirit and breath are the same, suggesting that breathing is the movement of spirit in matter. Breath has been referred to as the cord that ties the soul to the body. It is the integrating force for the multiple dimensions of our whole-person existence. When we work properly with our emotional body using breath, previously restricting issues fuel and fertilize new growth. By learning to consciously breathe deeply, you can experience a wide range of benefits, including:
- Deep relaxation and improved sleep
- Reduction in stress, tension and pain
- Enlivened energy and sensory enrichment
- Enhanced presence and spontaneous creativity
- Activation of intention and purpose
- Heightened capacity for interpersonal relatedness
In this program, Linda Nicholls offers physiological information, guidelines, coaching, and practice with a variety of forms. Come to Breathe! and rediscover your amazing, embodied being. Linda is a senior member of Haven core faculty working internationally in the field of personal, professional and business development. She is renowned for her expertise in the field of body, breath and energy work, and has been exploring the practice and effects of conscious deep breathing for many years.