Befriending Your Inner Critic
Getting out of your own way.
This program is for you if you have ever stopped yourself from doing or having what you truly want, by telling yourself you aren't good enough.
... or smart enough, young enough, thin enough, talented enough, beautiful or handsome enough!
Befriending Your Inner Critic uses music, visual arts, movement, guided meditation, laughter and story to help you build (and rebuild) relationship with your inner critic. Think of it like mediation between you and your critic, or facilitating a creative meeting of the minds.
In this program for men and women you will:
- Call out your hidden critic
- Establish a healthy distance between yourself and your critic
- Tell your critic what you need and want
- Transform your inner critic into an ally
Befriending Your Inner Critic is for people who want to:
- Accept themselves
- Trust themselves
- Stop the negative self-talk
- Build confidence in themselves
- Practice present moment awareness
- Be intentional about the language they use in inner dialogue
- Let go of habitual responses to triggers
- Accomplish their desires
For two weeks leading up to the retreat, carry a small notebook and pen with you. Capture the "stops" in your day. Write down each time you hear negative self-talk and notice if you stop yourself from doing something. This is an exercise in building awareness, not judgment, so just notice the stops, that's all.
Note The program begins at 7:30 pm on the first evening. Otherwise there are no evening sessions.The daytime session times are 9 am to noon, 1 to 3 pm and 4 to 6 pm.