ONLINE: Transforming Addictions - Tools for Building Resilience
Many people say The Haven was “the missing link” in their recovery from a variety of addictive behaviors.
You may hear the word "addiction" and think of alcohol or hard drugs. Addictive substances can be legal or illegal and also include things like caffeine, sugar, tobacco, and cannabis. While substance addictions are common forms of dependency, they are also not the only ones! This series also applies to people struggling with behavioural addictions, like gambling, sex (including online pornography), internet browsing and social media, shopping, video gaming, plastic surgery, binge-eating/food, risk-taking, pain-seeking, spiritual obsessing, over-exercising, over-working, self-hate/victimization and other addictive processes you may experience.
This program is not a replacement for clinical treatment for alcohol, drug, food, and other addictions, but rather a complement or follow-up to protocols like the 12-steps or counseling. By integrating the Haven models based on eastern and western principles and philosophy, you’ll benefit from a holistic approach to your recovery.
Learn practical tools to deepen your existing growth, tap into your inner resources, and find grounding and self-acceptance. This program is not for people actively using drugs or alcohol.
Are any of these statements true for you?
- I find myself slipping into unhealthy patterns
- I’m in recovery, but I’m worried about relapse
- I have trouble being intimate with others
- I have struggled in destructive relationships
- I’m not good enough or deserving
If you can relate to any one of these, this series may be a perfect opportunity to develop resilience in recovery.
Learning Into Action:
Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30-8:30pm PT, November 3rd - 19th. There are six 2-hour sessions with take-home practices to integrate and deepen your learning. If you miss a session, you will be able to access the learning portion of the recording for a limited time.
- Learning and practicing healthy communication, including conflict
- Discovering courage through vulnerability
- Considering and connecting to your spirituality
- Discussing relapse
- Learning how to incorporate self-care and ask for/give support
- Thriving with purpose, meaning, engagement, creativity
We've been meeting together for a "discovery" portion of this program and are looking forward to welcoming new members to this supportive online community.
This series will be held on Zoom using dynamic, interactive features. The series is designed to provide continuous learning and growth on your path of recovery.
Skills, take-home resources, and learning methods include:
- Connection and embodiment
- Group Check-ins
- Buddy/Partner assignments
- Integration exercises
Accessibility and inclusion are important to us. Together with the facilitators, we are able to offer tiered pricing:
- Supported – $ 268, made possible by our generous supporters
- Regular – $368, standard tuition price
- Pay-It-Forward – $468, helps support another participant to join
Dates and Times:
- Tuesday, November 3 - 6:30-8:30 pm PT
- Thursday, November 5 - 6:30-8:30 pm PT
- Tuesday, November 10 - 6:30-8:30 pm PT
- Thursday, November 12 - 6:30-8:30 pm PT
- Tuesday, November 17 - 6:30-8:30 pm PT
- Thursday, November 19 - 6:30-8:30 pm PT
What happens if I can’t make a session?
We’ll be sending out a recap following each session. Limited-time access to a recording of the teaching portion of the session will be available to registrants. Audio and video of participants will not be shared without prior consent.
Transforming Addictions Online fosters an environment that allows people to explore openly and deeply. In order to create this safe space we ask our participants to agree to keep confidentiality; to not talk about others’ experiences or stories, and to not record any parts of the session.
This online program will be hosted on Zoom, a video conferencing software that is free for participants and easy to use on a variety of devices. You will need to have a device (desktop computer or laptop recommended; tablet or smartphone can work too), reliable internet connection, and sound capabilities (headset recommended; built in or external microphone or speaker systems can work too). You will be invited to join the call up to 15 minutes early to receive technical support.