ONLINE Series: Kids & Caregivers Get Creative!
Are you looking for guidance and inspiration to get creative? Do you want a meaningful way to connect with the children in your life? Do you want to reconnect with other kids and caregivers in the Haven community?
Join Ismay and Louise with kids and caregivers to have fun and get creative! We will meet every Wednesday afternoon at 3pm PT for 4 weeks. The sessions build in content and will include creative invitations using whatever art supplies you have on hand and opportunities to connect with other participants. Activities range from creative crafting, dancing, show-and-tell, music-making, and more!
Dates & Times:
Registration is for all 4 sessions in the series.
- Wednesday, July 29th: 3-4pm PT
- Wednesday, August 5th: 3-4pm PT
- Wednesday, August 12th: 3-4pm PT
- Wednesday, August 19th: 3-4pm PT
Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult (in the same room). Children over 10 can join us online unaccompanied (please note parents must acknowledge and agree to this during registration).
Get Creative is our first online program series! We’re excited to offer tiered pricing beginning at $59 that includes:
- 4 one-hour facilitated sessions exploring creativity. Each session builds on concepts and ideas from the previous week.
- Enthusiastic, expert guidance from a KITS and Teens Youth Leader, Ismay, and leader of the popular Awareness Through Creative Expression program, Louise.
- A chance to connect with kids and caregivers at home or at a distance! Under the same roof, caregivers and kids receive guidance and facilitation for quality time together. For children and caregivers separated by physical distance, we’ll use breakout rooms in Zoom throughout the sessions to connect you.
There are no specific supplies required for this program. Please bring paper and whatever arts and craft supplies you have on hand. We will also use common kitchen supplies to create materials. Recipes will be shared in advance.
About the Leaders:
Ismay Macklin has been at The Haven for as long as she can remember. Having been a participant in KITS and a youth leader in Teens and KITs for 7 years, she brings a rich understanding of fun to her work with young people. Ismay is living in Victoria as a UVIC student, and she always looks forward to her summers on Gabriola at The Haven. She’s excited to get creative with new and old friends!
Louise Amuir is old enough to be a grandma. She had a lot of fun playing with art with children over the years and is excited to get to hang out with young people and the creative process. She leads programs on creativity for adults and tries to help them become more free and authentic or child-like in their expression.
This online program will be hosted on Zoom, a video conferencing software that is free for participants and easy to use on a variety of devices. You will need to have a device (desktop computer or laptop recommended; tablet or smartphone can work too), reliable internet connection, and sound capabilities (headset recommended; built in or external microphone or speaker systems can work too). You will be invited to join the call up to 15 minutes early to receive technical support. Your Zoom link and Haven Online How-to guide will be emailed to you the day before the program. All registrants will receive a reminder email the day of the session(s) as well.