ONLINE: Discovering Your Path to Self with Satir
Leverage your internal resources and let go of systems and learning that no longer serve you.
This program series will assist you in accessing untapped personal resources for your personal and professional growth and transformation.
Are any of these statements true for you?
I want to...
- Improve my communication skills.
- Develop skills to uncover and make effective choices.
- Move from a limited context to expanded range of resources.
- Gain clarity about my identity, autonomy and boundaries.
- Gain deeper recognition and acceptance of my self and others.
- Learn how to become more self-responsible.
- Let go of ideas and learning that no longer fit my current context.
- Learn more about Virginia Satir’s renowned methods, theories, and models.
- Take risks in exploring new ways of living and being.
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, Satir work may provide an excellent path to discovering your Self.
About Satir Work:
Virginia Satir developed various processes to help us make sense of ourselves, each other, and the world we navigate. Her objectives were personal growth, congruent communication, and helping individuals to become “more fully human”. We use theories and models from Satir to accomplish this: extending our awareness of who we are and where we come from, acknowledging and appreciating the resources we developed as we grew up in our family of origin, and making choices about how we want to use these resources in the current moment. Through examination and illumination of these past and current resources via a range of methods adapted for an online experience, you will then be able to expand and redefine them.
In this online program, your international team of facilitators will offer a mix of experiential invitations, presentations, large and small group discussions and personal reflections, and possible homework.
This program includes:
- 10 sessions hosted online, 35 hours of live learning, coaching, and discussion
- take-home resources and homework
- optional connection with participants outside of program time
- a small cohort. Registration is limited to 18 participants
- Tuesday, June 1: 9am-12:30pm PT
- Wednesday, June 2: 9am-12:30pm PT
- Tuesday, June 8: 9am-12:30pm PT
- Wednesday, June 9: 9am-12:30pm PT
- Tuesday, June 15: 9am-12:30pm PT
- Wednesday, June 16: 9am-12:30pm PT
- Tuesday, June 22: 9am-12:30pm PT
- Wednesday, June 23: 9am-12:30pm PT
- Tuesday, June 29: 9am-12:30pm PT
- Wednesday, June 30: 9am-12:30pm PT
What happens if I can’t make a session?
We’ll be sending out a recap following each session. Limited-time access to a recording of the teaching portion of the session will be available to registrants. Audio and video of participants will not be shared outside of this group without consent.
Accessibility and inclusion are important to us. Together with the facilitator, we are able to offer tiered pricing on this program. Please select a tier that fits your budget and current context.
- $559: Community – made possible by our generous supporters
- $699: Regular – standard tuition price
- $839: Pay It Forward – helps support another participant to join
In addition to price options, we are able to offer a limited number of full or partial bursaries through the Community Diversity & Inclusion Fund. Applications must be received at least 7 days prior to the program start date. Learn more and apply for support here. Application Deadline: May 24th, 2021.
Maria Gomori & The Haven
All 3 facilitators have been working and training professionally for many years in the Satir Model with the world renowned Maria Gomori. Maria is a colleague and good friend of Virginia Satir and worked with her for over 20 years.
Here’s what Maria says about Online: Discovering Your Path to Self:
“Vicky, Emmanuel and Christian have been my students and assistants at the Haven workshops. I have been observing their online workshops recently and I was impressed with their ability and courage to teach the Satir Model in an online experience. The three of them are attentive to the participants and creatively implement connection, growth and caring for each person as well as for the group. The three of them complement each other in knowledge, experience and creativity as a team.”
— Maria Gomori, M.S.W. RMFT. Dip.c
This online program will be hosted on Zoom, a video conferencing software that is free for participants and easy to use on a variety of devices. You will need to have a device (desktop computer or laptop recommended; tablet or smartphone can work too), reliable internet connection, and sound capabilities (headset recommended; built in or external microphone or speaker systems can work too). You can test your device connection and compatibility in advance here: zoom.us/test You will be invited to join the call up to 15 minutes early to receive technical support.