ONLINE: Advanced Satir Training
Join Master Trainers, Jean McLendon, LCSW, LMFT and Maria Gomori, MSW, RMFT, Dip.C, Retired AAMFT Supervisor, in a unique online training for experienced Satir model practitioners.
Jean along with Maria, when possible, will consult, facilitate, coach, teach, and lead online Advanced Satir training catered to the group’s learning needs. The group will meet for 10 live 2-hour training sessions and with triads in alternating weeks. Triads will be responsible for presenting a case study for exploration, discussion and feedback, which might involve their triad dynamics, an issue, topic, puzzle, or question, etc. The emerging needs and goals of these triad groups will be core to the evolving and collaborative design of the program. Participants will be stretched, stimulated and supported to expand their expertise in utilizing and sharing the Satir growth model. Jean and Maria are committed to assist the attendees be the very best Satir system practitioners they can be!
Who is this program for?
This advanced training program is for:
- Therapists, coaches, trainers, ministers, teachers or health care workers and other leaders who are experienced* in Satir work.
- Practitioners who are dedicated to advancing their Satir practice.
*Applicants must have a minimum of 5 days of prior Satir Training.
Participants in the Haven's Online: Discovering Your Path to Self Through Satir (June 1-30, 2021) are eligible to apply for this Advanced Training.
- A responsive program designed to meet the unique and emerging needs of participants who apply Satir teachings to their lives and work.
- A small cohort of 21 participants.
- Continuing Education credits through UNC School of Social Work (20 contact hours toward 80 hour level 1 Practitioner Certificate)
- 20 hours of live training time with master trainers, Jean McLendon and, when possible, Maria Gomori.
- Regular practice groups and access to a community of dedicated Satir practitioners.
- Case study exploration using triads.
- Access to recordings of live training sessions for limited-time review.
- Pricing options and opportunity to apply to the Haven's Community Diversity & Inclusion Fund.
- Dedicated IT Support.
Series Format & Schedule:
This Advanced Satir Training takes place over 20 weeks, alternating group training sessions and triad practice meetings.
The live session training times are:
- Monday, July 12: 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET
- Monday, July 26: 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET
- Monday, August 9: 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET
- Monday, August 23: 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET
- Monday, September 6: 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET
- Monday, September 20: 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET
- Monday, October 4: 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET
- Monday, October 18: 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET
- Monday, November 1: 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET
- Monday, November 15: 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET
Triad groups will coordinate to in the weeks between the live sessions for practice.
What happens if I can’t make a session?
We’ll be sending out a recap following each session. Limited-time access to a recording of the teaching portion of the session will be available to registrants. Audio and video of participants will not be shared outside of this group without consent.
Together with the facilitator, we are offering tiered pricing on this program. Price options are intended to support access and inclusion by offering the opportunity to self-select program price based on your context. For example, our Pay-It-Forward tier allows us to offer Community-Supported pricing. By offering options, we're able to co-create more equitable access.
Often, employers will sponsor, support, or reimburse for professional development programs like this one. Please let us know if you require any documentation.
- $699: Community Supported – made possible by our generous supporters
- $849: Regular – standard tuition price
- $999: Pay It Forward – helps support another participant to join at the supported rate
Community Diversity & Inclusion Fund:
We are able to offer a limited number of bursaries through the Community Diversity & Inclusion Fund. Bursaries for this program are supported both by donors to Haven Foundation and through UNC's Scholarship program. Applications must be received at least 7 days prior to the program start date. Learn more and apply for support here. Bursary Application Deadline: July 5th, 2021.
Jean and Maria will be reviewing applications for this Advanced Training on an ongoing basis. Only 21 participants will be admitted. You will be asked to share information about your previous Satir training experience, your interest in this advanced online training, and what you’re hoping to learn and practice. To apply, click the Register Now button below. Fill in your contact details AND follow the application link to tell us more about you. Jean and Maria will review all applications and successful candidates will be notified and invited to complete their registration.
- Click Register Now
- Fill in your contact details to indicate your interest in the training AND follow the link to the application questionnaire.
- Apply for any Community Fund support you may require.
- Await next steps and information about your application. Maria and Jean will endeavor to review and respond to applications within 1 week.
This program is being offered by the Haven in collaboration with the UNC School of Social Work Satir Institute.
This online program will be hosted on Zoom, a video conferencing software that is free for participants and easy to use on a variety of devices. You will need to have a device (desktop computer or laptop recommended; tablet or smartphone can work too), reliable internet connection, and sound capabilities (headset recommended; built in or external microphone or speaker systems can work too). You can test your device connection and compatibility in advance here: zoom.us/test
You will be invited to join the first session up to 15 minutes early to receive technical support.