EVENING: It Starts With U: Uncover & Understand Unconscious Bias, Power & Privilege
Join us to dig deeper into the why behind unconscious bias. In this experiential 90-minute session, we will be guided by Amil Reddy, a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion professional.
Together, we will uncover and begin to understand systemic inequities and the shifting landscape. Building on this knowledge, participants will be invited to analyze their own power and privilege within these systems, reflect on other lived experiences, and leave with ways to broaden their perspectives.
This program is for…
- people who seek to co-create a world where people are seen, valued, and heard regardless of the labels stamped on them;
- leaders and changemakers looking beyond the tipping point;
- community members ready to create brave spaces where conversations transform into actions, dialogue into sustainable change;
- anyone willing to shift judgement to wonder by leading with curiosity;
- individuals with an authentic willingness to listen and change.
“We are only experts in our own experience. Diversity starts with you, equity changes with us, inclusion sustains for all.” — Amil Reddy
The story of Amil and what they offer the world through their perspective:
+ Trans person of colour
+ Child of immigrants
+ Grandchild of indentured labourers
+ Coffee over tea (except mom’s chai)
+ Bridge builder
+ Lifelong learner
+ Bread making over winning
+ Trails over streets
In this 90-minute online program, Amil will guide us through experiential learning exercises. We will use breakout rooms on Zoom to deepen our learning and connection. Amil will provide follow-up resources to support your continued learning.
Tuesday January 26th from 6:30 - 8:00pm PT
Accessibility and inclusion are important to us. Please select a tier that fits your context:
- $9 – Community
- $29 – Standard
- $49 – Supporter (helps others attend)
This online program will be hosted on Zoom, a video conferencing software that is free for participants and easy to use on a variety of devices. You will need to have a device (desktop computer or laptop recommended; tablet or smartphone can work too), reliable internet connection, and sound capabilities (headset recommended; built in or external microphone or speaker systems can work too). You will be invited to join the call up to 15 minutes early to receive technical support.