This program offers practical methods to become more empathic, curious and loving, at the same time as strengthening your own sense of self.
Building on Ben Wong and Jock McKeen’s recently published Dynamic Empathy Model, Toby Macklin and Jane Olynyk guide you in a practical exploration of five aspects of human experience: Fusion, Objectification, Contact, Resonance, and Inclusion.
You will have opportunities to:
- Explore the uses and abuses of objectification
- Learn to make close and personal contact with others
- Compassionately challenge your own blocks to empathy
- Recognize and develop your own empathic style and strengths
- Maintain your boundaries while actively including in your world the experience of others
- Challenge yourself to ‘walk in the shoes’ of people apparently very different to yourself
Within the framework of the Dynamic Empathy Model, the program utilizes a number of different approaches and includes video, music, meditation, movement and individual, partnered and group exercises.
This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.