Learn to work effectively with others in group process.
This program includes presentations and discussion, as well as demonstration and practice. Participants are encouraged to look at their own experience to develop their understanding of working successfully with others in group settings. The group formed by participants in the program itself provides a valuable learning ground of group process.
- Increase their discernment in group situations
- Recognize when to use various methods of work with the group
- Learn how to use counter-transference clues to understand events in group
- Learn at least one intervention that is helpful for each group situation examined
- Increase their leadership competence
Group Leadership is one in a series of skills programs originally developed for The Haven by Gwen Ewan and Wayne Dodge.
Continuing Education Credits: Approved for Continuing Education Credit hours by the Canadian Counselling Association (www.ccacc.ca)