The Power of Direct Mirroring
Developing honest, nurturing relationships at home and work
In The Power of Direct Mirroring you will learn about and practice direct mirroring, a style of feedback that nurtures honest, intimate relationships.
Early in life, we adopt messages from others as the 'truth' about ourselves. If these remain unexamined, they can shape our lives in unhealthy ways. A deeper understanding of this process is beneficial in relating, parenting, health, making congruent decisions, managing employees, and working with colleagues and team members.
This program is for you if you want to:
- Unhook from depending on others for self-definition
- Be less defensive and reactive in significant relationships
- Explore and reduce habitual self-hatred and self-doubt
- Form your own opinions rather than abandon yourself to those of others
- Increase your flexibility and creativity
- Improve health and wellbeing for yourself and others by ending patterns of giving, receiving, and believing distorted feedback
- Express your inner experiences more clearly in relationships
Read more about Mirroring in this Shen Blog article by Joann Peterson.
This program is an opportunity to reflect on the ways we limit our full expression and creativity and assess the 'fit' of our preconceived beliefs about self-esteem, body and self-image. Through a range of experiences, participants will exercise their capacity to update messages that no longer fit, and practice direct mirroring.