Living NVC: 7-Day Immersion in Nonviolent Communication
A deep immersion into compassionate and powerful principles and practice
This week-long program is designed to support the ongoing development and integration of Compassionate or Nonviolent Communication (NVC) into every aspect of life.
You will have an opportunity to practice NVC with guidance, compassion, and support, whether your aim is to broaden awareness in your personal life, teach the process to others, impact positive social change in the world ... or all of these.
During this intensive week, you will:
• Increase your awareness of your own inner chatter - projections, moralistic judgments, right/wrong thinking, blame, criticism - and learn to embrace it honestly and with compassion
• Discover core beliefs that restrict your day-to-day life, and use this awareness to understand your deepest yearnings
• Work through apparently conflicting needs to align your choices with authenticity and with full commitment to life
• Enhance your own 'empathy power' as you learn to really listen to others, whether or not you agree with them - or even like them!
• Express yourself freely,compassionately and naturally - “stop being nice and start being real”
• Find greater inner freedom as you become the bridge between the outer dimension - the pain and chaos of our human conditioning - and the inner dimension - the true authentic self
• Grow 'power-with' vs. 'power-over', by looking deeply into personal and social sources for choice and courage in your life
NVC is a world-renowned approach to relationships and conflict that has been helping people make peace in their families and their communities for 30 years. It’s been used by couples, parents, schools, organizations, and conflict zones in the Middle East and Asia.
In groups, pairs, and solo work, we will apply NVC principles and practices to different aspects of your life. We will strive to find a balance between practical application (such as authentic expression, transformation of pain, and empathy skills), and digging deeper into principles and theories. This week includes lots of time for integration of the work.
Our interactions within our group will be some of our greatest learning opportunities for looking at habitual patterns, underlying beliefs and practicing with ‘re dos’. The week will include written work, storytelling, movement, rehearsal and role plays.
Come experience NVC. Spend seven days living and practicing with others. Connect deeply with other individuals wanting to make powerful change in their lives. Leave with a commitment to peace in yourself and the world.
Program Prerequisite: We ask that you read Dr. Marshall Rosenberg's book, Nonviolent Communication, A Language of Life and prefer you have introductory level training in NVC. Please contact Mitch Miyagawa at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a brief phone conversation.